All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing new photography from Chicagos rewned Field Museum, The Book of Eggs explores 600 examples at actual size, alongside pattern details, clutch images, breeding range maps, and engravings of all the birds. A table of field-guide information identifies order, family, breeding range, nesting habitat, nest characteristics, and conservation status. This accompanies an expert narrative revealing the latest research and thinking on social structure; reproductive strategies; egg colour, maculation, and size; and incubation behaviour. Arranged taxomically, according to evolutionary relationships, the book brings to light intriguing aspects of breeding biology. The result is a visual delight and an essential reference for every bird enthusiast, natural historian, and conservationist.
- Author BiographyMark E. Hauber is professor in the Animal Behavior and Conservation Program at Hunter College, City University of New York.
- Author(s)John Bates,Mark E. Hauber
- PublisherThe Ivy Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleBook of Series
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThe Ivy Press
- Content NoteIllustrated in colour throughout
- Weight2190 g
- Width180 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine44 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.