All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis provides relevant, data-based insights that allow from unexperienced students to seasoned hydropower investors to think through business strategies in the Brazilian Electricity Generation Market. For easier understanding, this book is organized in the following three parts. Part I - The Brazilian Electricity Generation Market The first part provides an overview of the Brazilian Electricity Generation Market. Such overview includes insights on the current drought and its effects on the electricity supply and prices, as well as observations on the supply expansion plans and routes that the country has taken to follow ecomic and consumption growth. In the last section of this first part, the reader may find a few observations on investment behavior. This part also explains the basic functioning of the market, allowing any reader to have this book as a self-contained document - i.e. being able to fully understand its propositions from itself. Part II - Hydroelectric Generation The second part dives with some more depth on hydropower investments: the differentiation of large scale projects to Small Hydropower, capital requirements, generation cycle, value creation levers and risks and options of energy sale. Part III - Electricity Sales: A Portfolio decision The third and last part of the thesis explores sales options and compare them in terms of risk and portfolio management. The reader may find here demonstrations of how different portfolios have very different outcomes in terms of expected present value of generated revenues and standard deviation.
- Author BiographyThomaz Cortes has experience as a McKinsey & Company consultant, founding a Brazilian startup bringing solar water heating to low-income communities and working in Venture Capital. He also received his Master of Business Administration from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management. Thomaz graduated in Energy and Automation Engineering at the University of Sao Paulo.
- Author(s)Thomaz R G Cortes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.