CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrating the 30th anniversary of the first release of DB2, this book highlights the important milestones, capabilities, and impacts of the database management software for IBM s mainframe operating system. Special focus is given to IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator, covering the key design and operational aspects that enable IBM DB2 for z/OS clients to benefit from faster performance, reduced CPU usage, and lower costs. The second half of the book discusses performance enhancements and cost-saving measures in the version 10 release and is rich with hints and tips for a successful upgrade. A special section on query performance and IBM DB2 Optimizer illustrates how DB2 10 addresses customer issues such as reducing total cost of ownership while maintaining stability and reliability. The final section is a collection of case studies in which DB2 10 for z/OS customers share their migration experiences and articulate the business benefits they are seeing since upgrading to the new release.
- Author BiographyJohn Campbell is an IBM distinguished engineer and one of IBM's foremost authorities for implementing high-end database and transaction-processing applications. He is the coauthor of DB2 10 for z/OS. Namik Hrle is an IBM distinguished engineer and a member of the IBM Academy of Technology. He works in the IBM Boeblingen Development Laboratory in Germany as the chief information management technologist. Ruiping Li is a senior software engineer in DB2 for z/OS development at the IBM Silicon Valley Lab. She lives in San Francisco. Surekha Parekh is IBM's worldwide marketing program director for DB2 for z/OS and leads the social media strategy for information management on System z. She is the coauthor of DB2 10 for z/OS. Terry Purcell is a senior technical staff member with the IBM Silicon Valley Lab, where he is lead designer for the DB2 for z/OS Optimizer. He lives in Springfield, Illinois.
- Author(s)John Campbell,Namik Hrie,Ruiping Li,Surekha Parekh,T. Purcell
- PublisherMC Press, LLC
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMC Press, LLC
- Out-of-print date11/12/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.