All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe 11th and most controversial book by acclaimed lesbian writer Sarah Schulman, available for the first time in paperback. Stew is a 15-year -old boy who goes online looking for an older man to have sex with. But when his boyfriend is arrested in an Internet paedophilia sting, Stew's life is exposed to his family and town. Devasted by these revelations, and left to fend for himself, he ends up committing murder. Daring in its themes, The Child is a powerful indictment of sex panic in the USA and a plaintive meditation on isolation and desire.
- Author BiographySarah Schulman is the author of eleven previous books, including eight novels, the latest being The Child (2006). As a journalist, her essays have appeared in The New York Times, The Nation, and Interview. She has won a Guggenheim Fellowship and two American Library Association Gay & Lesbian Book Awards. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Sarah Schulman
- PublisherArsenal Pulp Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArsenal Pulp Press
- Weight287 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.