All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Church of the Holy Spirit, written by Russian priest and scholar Nicholas Afanasiev (1893-1966), is one of the most important works of twentieth-century Orthodox theology. Afanasiev was a member of the -Paris School- of emigre intellectuals who gathered in Paris after the Russian revolution, where he became a member of the faculty of St. Sergius Orthodox Seminary. The Church of the Holy Spirit, which offers a rediscovery of the eucharistic and communal nature of the church in the first several centuries, was written over a number of years beginning in the 1940s and continuously revised until its posthumous publication in French in 1971.
- Author BiographyNicholas Afanasiev (1893-1986) was a Eastern Orthodox theologian who was ordinary professor of the St. Sergius Orthodox Theological Institute in Paris. He was born in Odessa, Russian Empire.
- Author(s)Nicholas Afanasiev
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Note1 Illustration (black and white)
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMichael Plekon
- Translated byVitaly Permiak
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.