All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionAfter years of being out of print, the story behind 'The Greatest Show on Earth' is back for new generations to discover. Through the early twentieth century, the Ringling Brothers created a spectacle like one had ever seen, and one that still wows audiences to this day. Yet what most people do t kw is that events behind the scenes rivaled the excitement and intrigue of the center ring.Originally published in 1960, and told with remarkable honesty by the nephew of the original Ringling brothers, The Circus Kings remains a clear and unexaggerated telling of what the circus was like for those who lived it.
- Author BiographyAlden Hatch was the author of more than thirty books, including biographies of Dwight Eisenhower, the Byrd family of Virginia, and Charles DeGaulle. He was also a collaborator on My Life with Martin Luther King by Coretta Scott King. Henry Ringling North ran Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus from 1936 to 1967, along with his older brother, John.
- Author(s)Alden Hatch,Henry Ringling North
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note14 b/w photos
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byFred Dahlinger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.