All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the communist movement in the Arab world from the time of the Russian revolution until after the collapse of the Soviet Union. It traces the interaction of the world communist movement which was characterized by an uncritical acceptance of Marxism-Leninism, and local communists, who moved from initial dependence on Moscow to a position more adapted to local circumstances and sensitivities that could be characterized as a distinctive 'Arab communism'. It goes on to trace the impact of 'Arab communism' on a range of issues in the region, arguing that the role of Arab communist parties was highly significant, and disproportionate to the relatively small numbers of communists in the countries concerned.
- Author BiographyTareq Y. Ismael is Professor of Political Science at the University of Calgary, Canada, President of the International Centre for Contemporary Middle East Studies at Eastern Mediterranean University, North Cyprus, and the Secretary General of the International Association of Middle Eastern Studies. He is the author and editor of over twenty books on the Middle East, Iraq and international studies, as well as four books on various Communist and leftist movements throughout the Arab world, including a forthcoming volume on the Iraqi Communist Party.
- Author(s)Tareq Y. Ismael
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2004
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleDurham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.