All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe sixth edition of the definitive history of horse racing! Written by three ackwledged authorities, this sixth edition of The Complete Encyclopedia of Horse Racing tells the story of the sport of kings from its beginnings till today. Revised and updated to include the latest equine superstars, including US Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, this definitive illustrated reference provides essential information on all the top jockeys and trainers, the leading owners, and the most celebrated horses. Every personality (human and equine), event, and issue of importance in the history of both flat racing and steeplechasing is included, as is the off-track world of racing, gambling, scandals, and disasters; social and cultural aspects, media coverage and the business of racing. Every page a visually exciting and information-packed celebration of the sport that fans will find invaluable.
- Author BiographyBill Mooney lives in Lexington, Kentucky. He served as the associate editor of the old Thoroughbred Record, as the associate editor of The Thoroughbred Times, and as a staff writer for Blood-Horse magazine. He has two Eclipse Awards for magazine writing, and has also received honorable mentions in the Eclipse competition on four other occasions. George Ennor was a racing correspondent for The Sporting Life for almost 40 years before becoming a regular columnist on the Racing Post. Until his death in late 2005, he was a consultant to the sports agency Racenews. He owned shares in some horses most notably Pelours (who won in his colors) and Gales Cavalier. Graeme Kelly has been writing about horse racing in Australia for many years as a journalist and author.
- Author(s)Bill Mooney,George Ennor,Graeme Kelly
- PublisherCarlton Books
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarlton Books
- Weight1293 g
- Width231 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement6th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.