All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeaky gut syndrome is a health condition that more and more people are struggling with every day. It is linked to a number of medical issues, from autoimmune conditions and autism to diabetes and food allergies. Leaky gut syndrome describes a state of hyperpermeability in the small intestines. The leakiness happens when microscopic enlargements of the spaces between the cells lining the gut become porous which compromises the role of the gut as the filter for repelling pathogens and antigens. As much as 80% of the immune system is based in the gut making it a critical component of good health and wellbeing. Dr. Trotter has a professional practice in treating patients with leaky gut syndrome. This book is easy-to-understand and comprehensive. It features: PART 1 - UNDERSTANDING LEAKY GUT: How do I kw if I have Leaky Gut Syndrome; How did I get this condition? Digestion and emotions. PART 2 - MANAGING LEAKY GUT SYNDROME: How to ensure you have the right doctor; Conventional approaches; Complementary testing techniques; Treating Leaky Gut; Further Healing Techniques. PART 3 - LEAKY GUT SYNDROME DIET PLAN: Foods that enhance healing of the digestive tract; Calming down, healing the gut and freeing yourself. PART 4 - MENU PLANS AND HEALTHY FOOD LISTS: 2-Week Meal Plan for Phase 1; 4-Week Meal Plan for Phase 2; Healthy Food Lists.
- Author BiographyDr. Makoto Trotter, BSc (Hons), ND, is a licensed naturopathic doctor with a special interest in digestion, hormones and skin conditions. He is passionate about holistic medicine. Doug Cook, RD, MHSc, is a registered dietitian, holistic nutritionist and diabetes educator. He is a seasoned health professional, published author, freelance writer and consultant to a variety of clients: corporate, professional and the public.
- Author(s)Doug Cook,Makoto Trotter
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.