All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionIn many African countries, mental health issues, including the burden of serious mental illness and trauma, have t been adequately addressed. These essays shed light on the treatment of common and chronic mental disorders, including mental illness and treatment in the current climate of ecomic and political instability, access to health care, access to medicines, and the impact of HIV-AIDS and other chronic illness on mental health. While problems are rampant and carry real and devastating consequences, this volume promotes an understanding of the African mental health landscape in service of reform.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Akyeampong is Professor of History and of African and African American Studies at Harvard University. Allan Hill is Andelot Professor of Demography at the Harvard School of Public Health. Arthur Kleinman is the Esther and Sidney Rabb Professor of Anthropology, Harvard University, and Professor of Medical Anthropology in Global Health and Social Medicine and Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAllan G. Hill,Arthur Kleinman,Professor Emmanuel Kwaku Akyeampong
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.