Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to get students off to the best possible start on the D/G melodeon (accordion), by presenting information that might otherwise take years to accumulate. This book is written for the two-row D/G button accordion with eight bass buttons. It contains lots of useful information about the different types of button accordions, music reading basics, and many tunes for practice. There is a concentration on playing the bass in time. While t focusing on any style in particular, this book aims to give students a good grounding, helping them to easily move on to whatever music genre they choose. The lessons are based on traditional playing styles and tunes from Britain and Ireland. Mally's and UK product #AM101.
- Author BiographyDave Mallinson has been known as Mally since his first day at school. He has been involved in music since the age of nine when he learned to play the recorder. In his mid teens he played the pop music of the era on guitar, but his interest was always little more than half-hearted. In his late teens he discovered folk music but still the guitar was unable to inspire him. At the age of twenty two, Mally discovered the melodeon and immediately felt the musical stimulation he had unconsciously been seeking for many years. Practice was no longer a chore, it was his favourite occupation, an addiction even. Although starting late in life makes virtuoso status unattainable, it is still possible to reach a good standard. Mally, through lengthy practice, hard work and dogged determination, has managed to achieve a high level of competence and has become a well respected player. However, his constant struggle to maintain his skill makes his days as a beginner never seem far away. He is well able to recognise, and is very much aware of, the problems and difficulties facing beginners and novices.
- Author(s)Dave Mallinson
- PublisherDave Mallinson Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCleckheaton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2002
- ImprintDave Mallinson Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width210 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.