All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to fashion memoirs of Diana, Princess of Wales! This series of books is meant to reveal the great capacities of Princess Diana's personality that made us admire her; and to inspire by her beauty, compassion, and charisma. Ever wondered where Princess Diana wore her fashions and why? Many of her most gorgeous looks are presented along with amazing, magical descriptions. This volume reveals her Royal culture related to the beauty of her fashions. The work illustrates prime selections of her outstanding collection of tiaras, necklaces, chokers, earrings, bracelets and hats worn with the majesty of her gowns and dresses during her duties and charitable input in each year of her Royal life, describes their meaning and impact involving interesting historical and contemporary elements of Royal culture as well as of fashion and ongoing trends entwined with her life as a Princess, and specifies the input of the many professional designers, milliners and hairstylists of superior skill that were involved to produce a kaleidoscope of brilliant colors in fabric art that eventually led to the Christie's auction and the finest golden coiffes seen at that time; indeed a designer's dream and her cultural epic.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Phillips-Jenkins is an author from the United States who writes about royal personalities. She is the author of 'The Classic Biography of Diana, Princess of Wales' (vol. 1) and 'The Di Effect (Designer's Dream)' (vol.2) of a series, and 'The Fascinating Duke and Duchess.' Here is a message from the author: Hello again, my dear readers. I am Elizabeth Phillips-Jenkins. Since Diana, Princess of Wales has been recognized as a beautiful, magnetic person in character as well as so outwardly attractive, with a very regal touch, I have sought to capture her charisma so that her golden legacy may remain with us. When I was writing and illustrating this book, I actually felt like I was making parts of the Princess's clothes, dressing her, and combing her hair. I enjoyed the art of her clothes, her Royal cultural activities of intriguing appeal and historical significance, and trips to various places in Britain and around the world. I certainly have enjoyed this experience. I hope you enjoy this epic. I particularly appreciate a few of her sayings: We should take to heart two things that stand like stone; kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own. (That's compassionate). Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves. How proud I am to be Princess of such a wonderful place and of the Welsh who are very special to me.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Phillips Jenkins
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight969 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Elizabeth Jenkins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.