All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionDiscourse Studies is an interdisciplinary field studying the social production of meaning across the entire spectrum of the social sciences and humanities. The Discourse Studies Reader brings together 40 key readings from discourse researchers in Europe and North America, some of which are w translated into English for the first time. Divided into seven sections - 'Theoretical Inspirations: Structuralism versus Pragmatics', 'From Structuralism to Poststructuralism', 'Enunciative Pragmatics', 'Interactionism', 'Sociopragmatics', 'Historical Kwledge' and 'Critical Approaches' - The Discourse Studies Reader offers a comprehensive overview of the main currents in discourse studies, both discourse theory and discourse analysis. With short introductions elaborating the broader context, the sections present key selections from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds by placing them into their respective epistemological traditions. The Discourse Studies Reader is an indispensable textbook for students and scholars alike who are interested in discourse theoretical questions and working with discourse analytical methods.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/06/2014
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight790 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byDominique Maingueneau,Johannes Angermuller,Ruth Wodak
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.