CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.61
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.18
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.76
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $7.81Trending at AU $8.33
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.62
About this product
- DescriptionJimmy Gownley's graphic vel memoir about the dumb idea that changed his life forever! What if the dumbest idea ever turned your life upside down? At thirteen, Jimmy was popular, at the top of his class, and the leading scorer on his basketball team. But all that changed when chicken pox forced him to miss the championship game. Things went from bad to worse when he got pneumonia and missed even more school. Before Jimmy knew it, his grades were sinking and thing seemed to be going right. How did Jimmy turn things around, get back on top at school, and land a date with the cutest girl in class? Rewned comics creator Jimmy Gownley shares his adventures as he grows from an eager-to-please boy into a teenage comic book artist. This is the real-life story of how the DUMBEST idea ever became the BEST thing that ever happened to him.
- Author BiographyJimmy Gownley began writing and drawing comics at age 15 and has been nominated for the Eisner Award 13 times. In 2001 his hit series AMELIA RULES! was released amid a flurry of rave reviews. He cofounded the organization Kids Love Comics, which works to promote comic books and graphic novels as a valuable tool for literacy and education in schools, libraries, and at home. Jimmy lives in Harrisburg, PA.
- Author(s)Jimmy Gownley
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Out-of-print date10/03/2017
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.