All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul's letters were written before any other Christian texts, even the gospels. And the earliest text of all is '1 Thessalonians'. This new English translation is both intelligible and true to the meaning of the original Greek text. In the accompanying commentary, Ludemann engages critically with the theology of the early Paul, including Paul's virulent attacks on circumcision and other Jewish practices. Readers desiring a more in-depth study will find detailed appendices on Pauline chrology and later letters.
- Author BiographyGerd Ludemann is Professor of New Testament at the University of Gottingen, Germany, Director of the Institute of Early Christian Studies, and Founder and Director of the Archive Religionsgeschichtliche Schule at the University of Gottingen. He has also served as Visiting Scholar at Vanderbilt Divinity School in Nashville, Tennessee, USA and as co-chair of the Society of Biblical Literature Seminar on Jewish Christianity. His many books include What Jesus Didn't Say, The Resurrection of Jesus, The Great Deception, The Unholy in Holy Scripture, and Heretics: The Other Side of Early Christianity.
- Author(s)Gerd Ludemann
- PublisherPolebridge Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationSanta Rosa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPolebridge Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.