All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to the Ancient Greek ecomy has proved popular in France, and has also been translated into Italian and Greek; this first English edition is of the second French edition of 2007. Migeotte tries to avoid getting bogged down in the theoretical debates which have characterised the last half-century of research on the ancient ecomy, instead providing a survey first of institutions and frameworks (the polis in particular) and then of the different sectors of the ecomy (agriculture, crafts, trade), he goes back to the primary sources and archaeology, allowing the reader to form their own impressions, as well as setting out his own more nuanced ideas. Above all he emphasises the diversity of the Ancient Greek ecomy and the co-existence of traits which appear both primitive and proto-capitalist.
- Author BiographyLeopold Migeotte is Professor Emeritus of History at Laval University, Quebec, and Directeur d'Etudes Associe at L'Ecole Practique des Hautes Etudes, Paris.
- Author(s)Leopold Migeotte
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2009
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight45 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byJanet Lloyd
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.