All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeads have been used for decoration for centuries. Available in a huge array of colours, shapes and sizes, they are beautiful, adaptable, and easy to work with. These practical projects show how you can add detail, texture, colour and originality to garments and accessories by incorporating beads into your knitting, crochet and needlework. Learn traditional and contemporary techniques such as bead weaving, stringing, wirework and strand-ktting, and even find out how to make your own beads.
- Author BiographySara Withers has worked with beads for many years, as a collector and maker. Her jewelry is sold in galleries, shops, and at exhibitions throughout the United Kingdom. She also enjoys teaching bead- and jewelry-making, and lecturing on all aspects of bead history. She is the author of five books on beadwork. Like so many beaders Stephanie Burnham's creative life started in another textile discipline. She took an Adult Education course entitled Art & Design in Embroidery and stayed on to take her City and Guilds in Embroidery. Stephanie was invited to teach at The Country Cross Stitcher and they are now in the 9th year of workshops for The Woburn School of Needlework. Here she teaches classes in both embroidery and beadwork from beginners to innovative and challenging techniques. Stephanie started beading quite unexpectedly whilst attending an Embroiderers Guild meeting in Letchworth and was hooked after about half an hour. Stephanie was thrilled to be chosen to teach as the Great British Bead Show held in Coventry.
- Author(s)Sara Withers
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note600 colour illustrations
- Weight537 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.