Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $141.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Nov
- AU $49.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by robinjj180
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat cities deserve great encyclopedias. A city is kwn by its past, its characteristic virtues and troubles, and its ways of life. 'Marvellous Melbourne' symbolises the achievements of Australian urbanisation and suburbanisation. The Encyclopedia of Melbourne reflects and encompasses the city's historical position as one of the world's pre-eminent nineteenth century metropolises, and as one of the twenty-first century's most liveable cities. Alphabetical entries range from short factual summaries about places, institutions and events, through to extended survey articles on key topics such as Architecture, Aboriginal Melbourne, Ecomy, Foundation and Early Settlement, Law and Order, Literature, Science, Sport, Suburbia, Theatre and Transport. Although Australia has long ranked amongst the world's most urbanised countries, comparable reference work exists on any Australian metropolis.
- Author BiographyAndrew Brown-May is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of History, University of Melbourne. He has written extensively on the city of Melbourne and his books include Melbourne Street Life, Espresso! Melbourne Coffee Stories and Federation Square. Shurlee Swain is a Reader in History at the Australian Catholic University and Senior Research Fellow in the Department of History, University of Melbourne. She has published widely in historical, child welfare and women's studies journals and co-written a number of books, the most recent of which are Equal Subjects, Unequal Rights and Confronting Cruelty.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note261 photos, 20 tables, 20 maps
- Weight3666 g
- Width224 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byAndrew Brown-May,Andrew May,Graeme Davison,Shurlee Swain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.