All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA pocket guide that captures the essence of the Dalai Lama s phemenally successful Art of Happiness. In The Art of Happiness, the Dalai Lama brought to an enthusiastic and grateful public his philosophy on achieving a happy life. A collaboration with a Western psychiatrist, it was the the Dalai Lama s first inspirational book for a Western audience. Through meditations, stories and the convergence of Buddhism and psychology, the Dalai Lama showed how to deal with day-to-day depression, anxiety, anger, jealousy, or just a bad mood day. He discussed relationships, health, family and work and showed us how to ride through life s obstacles on a deep and abiding inner source of peace. The Essence of Happiness makes it possible to access the Dalai Lamai s essential tenets of happiness anywhere, anytime. The perfect gift, it is also a perfect companion to The Art of Happiness.
- Author BiographyThe Dalai Lama has lived mainly in Dharamsala, India since Chinese forces invaded Tibet in 1959. The spiritual and temporal leader of the Tibetan people, he is also a successful author and recipient of various humanitarian awards, including the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize. Howard Cutler met the Dalai Lama while studying Tibetan medicine in India. He lives in Phoenix, Arizona where he has a private psychiatric practice.
- Author(s)Dalai Lama XIV
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight100 g
- Width106 mm
- Height130 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.