All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* How signal processing works: clear, simple explanations in plain English* Breakthrough DSP applications: from smartphones to healthcare and beyond* Covers both digital and analog signals* An indispensable resource for tech writers, marketers, managers, and other nengineers The Complete DSP Guide for Businesspeople and Nontechnical Professionals Digital signal processing (DSP) techlogy is everywhere-each time you use a smartphone, tablet, or computer; play an MP3; watch a digital TV or DVD; get GPS directions; play a video game; take a digital photo; or even have an MRI, DSP techlogy is at work. Now, for the first time, The Essential Guide to Digital Signal Processing offers readers of all levels simple, plain-English explanations of digital and analog signals and modern DSP applications. Whether you sell techlogy, write about it, manage it, fix it, or invest in it, this is the book for you. Using everyday examples and simple diagrams, two leading DSP consultants and instructors completely demystify signal processing. You'll discover what digital signals are, how they're generated, and how they're changing your life. You'll learn all you need to kw about digital signal collection, filtering, analysis, and more, and how DSP works in today's most exciting devices and applications. Coverage includes * How engineers understand and work with analog signal spectra and frequencies* How digital signals are generated and used in modern electronic devices* The surprising things that happen when analog signals are converted to digital form* How (and why) engineers compute digital signal spectra with Fourier transforms* What wavelets are and how they're used everywhere, from medicine to the camera in your smartphone* How digital filters are used in DSP applications* Cutting-edge DSP applications, from automatic music-tuning software to medical EKG signal analysis* A comprehensive glossary of signal processing termilogy and acronyms You'll gain a clear, conceptual understanding of all key signal processing operations and vocabulary. That means you'll understand much of the magic built into today's newest devices, and you'll be ready to succeed in virtually any ntechnical role that requires DSP kwledge.
- Author BiographyRichard G. Lyons, consulting systems engineer and lecturer with Besser Associates, received the IEEE Signal Processing Society's 2012 Educator of the Year Award and has taught DSP at the University of California, Santa Cruz Extension. Former associate editor for IEEE Signal Processing magazine, he created and edited its DSP Tips and Tricks column. His books include Understanding Digital Signal Processing, Third Edition (Prentice Hall, 2011). D. Lee Fugal is president of S&ST Technical Consulting, chairman of the San Diego IEEE Signal Processing Society, and author of Conceptual Wavelets in Digital Signal Processing (Space & Signals Technical Publishing, 2009). Drawing on more than thirty years of industry experience, he teaches upper-division university courses in DSP and offers ATI short courses for working engineers throughout the United States. An IEEE Senior Member, he is a recipient of the IEEE's Third Millennium Medal.
- Author(s)D. Lee Fugal,Richard G. Lyons
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.