All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical guide to the ingredients and techniques of Japanese cooking, with over 350 photographs. It is a reference guide for those who are serious about learning the art of Japanese cooking, beautifully photographed with over 350 illustrations. It explores the origins, traditions and philosophy that influence Japanese food preparation, and the influences that trade, rice cultivation and Buddhism have had on cooking and eating rituals. It explains the specialist equipment and culinary techniques needed to serve authentic Japanese food. It is complete with serving ideas and detailed information on the wonderful variety of ingredients, many of which are unique to this cuisine. It describes important Japanese traditions and festivals, including the tea ceremony. From the very early history of Japan, cultural traditions and philosophy have influenced how food is prepared, cooked, served and received. Dishes are selected to suit the season and the occasion, and ingredients are prepared to highlight their natural tastes and textures. The first part of this book explores the secrets of this tradition, explaining the history of Japanese food and how a kwledge of these contributes to the pleasure and satisfaction of cooking a Japanese meal. The second part of the book features a comprehensive look at the special ingredients used, fully illustrated throughout. Informative text and photographs cover all the essentials of preparation, equipment, methods and techniques, making this a beautiful and informative guide to the food of Japan.
- Author BiographyEmi Kazuko is a leading food writer and journalist, who writes in both Japanese and English and is trained in the tea ceremony. She has written numerous books and has also contributed articles to magazines such the Eyewitness Travel Guide to Japan, and has taken part in international radio broadcasts for the BBC.
- Author(s)Emi Kazuko
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 350 photographs
- Weight513 g
- Width175 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.87Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.