All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe Feminist History Reader gathers together key articles, from some of the very best writers in the field, that have shaped the dynamic historiography of the past thirty years, and introduces students to the major shifts and turning points in this dialogue. The Reader is divided into four sections: * early feminist historians' writings following the move from reclaiming women's past through to the development of gender history * the interaction of feminist history with 'the linguistic turn' and the challenges made by post-structuralism and the responses it provoked * the work of lesbian historians and queer theorists in their challenge of the heterosexism of feminist history writing * the work of black feminists and postcolonial critics/Third World scholars and how they have laid bare the ethcentric and imperialist tendencies of feminist theory. Each reading has a comprehensive and clearly structured introduction with a guide to further reading, this wide-ranging guide to developments in feminist history is essential reading for all students of history.
- Author BiographySue Morgan is Principal Lecturer in History and Head of the School of Cultural Studies at the University of Chichester. She is the author of A Passion for Purity: Ellice Hopkins and the politics of gender in the late-Victorian church (1999), co-editor of Masculinity and Spirituality in Victorian Culture (2000) and editor of Women, Religion and Feminism in Britain, 1750--1900 (2002).
- Author(s)Keith Jenkins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Readers in History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 b&w tables
- Weight771 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySue Morgan
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.