All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1929, a newly married M.F.K. Fisher said goodbye to a milquetoast American culinary upbringing and sailed with her husband to Dijon, where she tasted real French cooking for the first time. The Gastromical Me is a chronicle of her passionate embrace of a whole new way of eating, drinking, and celebrating the senses. As she recounts memorable meals shared with an assortment of eccentric and fascinating characters, set against a backdrop of mounting pre-war tensions, we witness the formation t only of her taste but of her character and her prodigious talent.
- Author BiographyM. F. K. Fisher is the author of sixteen books of essays and reminiscences, many of which have become American classics. In 1991, she was elected to the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters. She died in 1992.
- Author(s)M. F. K. Fisher
- PublisherNorth Point Press
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Point Press
- Out-of-print date13/07/2011
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.33Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.