Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionIn the twentieth century, glamour has often been associated with the cinema and its stars, though fashion, 'high society', popular music, shopping, glossy magazines and advertising have all sought to harness its allure. The authors explore the origins and uses of the aura of glamour and trace its history and power as a language of visual seduction.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN GUNDLE is Professor of Italian Cultural History at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. He is author of Between Hollywood and Moscow: The Italian Communists and the Challenge of Mass Culture, 1943-91 (2000). CLINO CASTELLI is a Professional Designer based in Milan, Italy, and the founder of Castelli Design Milano. A Visiting Professor at the Politecnico di Milano, he is the author of Transitive Design (1999).
- Author(s)Clino Trini Castelli,Stephen Gundle
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/04/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight406 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.