All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable for the first time in one volume, a classic commentary on the gospels in the spirit of liberation theology. For many years, the peasants in Solentiname, a remote archipelago in Lake Nicaragua, gathered each Sunday to reflect on the gospel reading. From recordings of their dialogue, this extraordinary document was composed. First published in the 1970s in four volumes, it was immediately acclaimed as a classic expression of liberation theologya radical reading of the Good News of Jesus from the perspective of the poor and oppressed. (It was also banned by the Somoza dictatorship.) Forty years later, w available in one volume, The Gospel in Solentiname retains its freshness and power. Though times may have changed, the message of Jesusas heard by these peasantscontinues to challenge the rulers of our age, and to inspire the poor with the hope of a different world.
- Author(s)Ernesto Cardenal
- PublisherOrbis Books (USA)
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMaryknoll
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrbis Books (USA)
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Edition StatementREV One-Vol ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.