All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to use your later years for awakening and spiritual growth. Encouraging, inspiring, and practical, <i>The Grace in Aging</i> invites all those who have ever experienced spiritual longing to awaken in their twilight years. Since aging, in and of itself, does t lead to spiritual maturity, <i>The Grace in Aging</i> suggests and explores causes and conditions that we can create in our lives, just as we are living them, to allow awakening to unfold transforming the predictable sufferings of aging into profound opportunities for growth in clarity, love, compassion, and peace. Kathleen Dowling Singh streamlines vast and complex teachings into skillful means and wise views. Straightforward language and piercing questions bring Singh s teachings into the sharp focus of our own lives; the contemplative nature of each chapter allows for an uncommon depth of inquiry. Examples from our lives and from the chatter in our own minds touch the reader personally, offering the chance to absorb the implications deeply and do the work of freeing his or her own mind. Ecumenical in spirit, tone, and language, Singh offers wisdom from teachers from a variety of spiritual backgrounds: Chogyam Trungpa, the Apostles, Annie Dillard, and more. Lessening our attachments, decreasing our aversions, unbinding what binds us, we bear witness to the possibility of awakening for all beings. <i>The Grace in Aging </i>offers guidelines for older individuals of any wisdom tradition who wish to awaken before they die; need for caves or seven-year retreats. This is spiritual practice for the lives we live.
- Author Biography<b>Kathleen Dowling Singh</b> is a Dharma practitionerand in-demand speaker and teacher. She is the author of <i>The Grace in Dying: How We Are Transformed Spiritually As We Die</i>. A mother and grandmother, she is old enough to be eligible for Medicare. Kathleen lives in Sarasota, FL.
- Author(s)Kathleen Dowling Singh
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.