All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLyrical, dark, comic or icoclastic, the Irish short story has always punched well above its weight. Anne Enright has brought together a dazzling collection of Irish stories by authors born in the twentieth century - from Mary Lavin and Frank O'Conr to Claire Keegan and Kevin Barry. With a pithy and passionate introduction by Enright, The Granta Book of the Irish Short Story traces this great tradition through decades of social change and shows the pleasure Irish writers continue to take in the short-story form. Deft and often devastating, the short story dodges the rolling mythologies of of Irish life to produce truths that are delightful and real. Also includes stories by: Maeve Brennan, Roddy Doyle, Mary Lavin, Colum McCann, William Trevor, John McGahern, Colm Toibin, Claire Keegan and Kevin Barry.
- Author BiographyAnne Enright has published essays, short stories, a non-fiction book about motherhood and four novels including The Gathering, winner of the 2007 Man Booker Prize. She lives in Dublin.
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Books
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAnne Enright
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.