All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionRetired corruption investigator Charlie Eastman can't help it. He looks like a Texas Ranger and he's a magnet for everything he wants to avoid: Crazy people, dead people, people who kill people, love, and death. Set in West Texas today, two boys from different ethnic backgrounds unwittingly video their own murders on a river bottom during an ice storm. Lacking clues, a sheriff begs Eastman's help, but he declines, citing mental problems. Unfortunately, one of the wealthiest women in Texas, and a mysterious tattoo artist scam Eastman into searching for her brother whom she hasn't seen in decades. During the search, Eastman partners up with Doc Page, the red-haired town doctor who wields a terrible, swift tongue and smells of Noxzema cleansing cream, an aroma that drives him wild. A bizarre statue in the town square that locals call Gooberhenge, and a cockeyed promise Eastman makes atop a windmill, sets off an uncontrollable chain reaction of violence.
- Author BiographyJ. G. Vineyard is a fifth-generation Texan. He began a career in law enforcement in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as an investigator in the Criminal Intelligence Division of the Department of Public Safety at DFW Airport. He transferred to the Dallas Organized Crime Task Force (Metro Squad) in 1981 and spent nine years working organized auto theft and burglary rings, armed robbery crews, and illegal drug manufacturing. From 1990 until 2007, he was assigned to the Drug Enforcement Administration's (DEA) Dallas Field Division's enforcement group focusing on international smuggling and and sophisticated contraband distribution systems. Over the years, he accumulated numerous awards from law enforcement agencies and was an instructor at several area police academies including the Dallas Sheriff's Department, Dallas Police Department, Regional Police Academy in Arlington, Texas, and DEA's training programs. During that time, he also taught courses in international smuggling at the American Airlines academy. He holds a Master Peace Officers certificate and is a graduate of DEA's Drug Unit Commanders Academy in Quantico, Virginia. From the other side of his brain, he has written a full-length comedy stage play called Moby And Dick and a one-act play called Tap The Brakes, Elvis. He is a member of Mystery Writers of America and other writing groups.
- Author(s)James Gary Vineyard
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.