All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $46.97Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionA classic tale of a greedy snake, with illustrations from Eric Carle, is w available as a Ready-to-Read.</b> In this humorous story about manners, respect, and friendship, a greedy python eats every creature he comes across in the jungle. From a tiny mouse to an ermous elephant, the devoured animals eventually befriend one ather in the belly of the snake, where they team up and kick the inside of the python until he spits them out. Rather than learning his lesson, the python sticks to his greedy ways. When he spots his own tail and mistakes it for food, he swallows himself and...disappears! This amusing--and cautionary--tale features Eric Carle's vivid illustrations and rhyming text that's been adapted into a Level 1 Ready-to-Read, making it ideal for sharing aloud with emerging readers.
- Author BiographyRichard Buckley</b> is a much-traveled English writer of both prose and poetry. He has lived in New York, Paris, and London, but his present home is in Cheltenham, England, where he has lived for the past thirty years, bringing up two sons with his wife (and muse) Elfie. His books for children include <i>The Dutiful Penguin</i>, <i>The Foolish Tortoise</i> (with Eric Carle), and <i>The Bird Who Couldn't Fly</i> (with Alex Williams). <b>Eric Carle</b> was born in Syracuse, New York, and moved to Germany with his parents when he was six years old. He studied at the Academy of Graphic Arts in Stuttgart before returning to the United States, where he worked as a graphic designer for <i>The New York Times</i> and later as art director for an international advertising agency. His first two books, <i>1,2,3 to the Zoo</i> and <i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i>, gained him immediate international recognition. The latter title, now considered a modern classic, has sold more than 30 million copies and has been translated into forty-eight languages. Eric Carle and his wife, Barbara, divide their time between the mountains of North Carolina and the Florida Keys.
- Author(s)Richard Buckley
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleReady-To-Read - Level 1 (Quality)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eric Carle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.