Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.33Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionEric Alford's safe and romantic life on the peaceful Gaspe Coast is shattered by his decision to follow his elder brother John (the Pilgrim and The Chaplain) into the 1914-18 cataclysm of death and destruction kwn as the -Great War for Civilisation-. By his thundering Howitzer, Gunner Alford assaults the Hun through every major Canadian battle of WWI: Ypres, Vimy Ridge, Passchendaele, Hill 70, The Somme, and -The Hundred Days- that ended the conflict. A developing romance with a lovely Londoner is cut short by a German shell. Evacuated to a Rouen field hospital, he is surrounded by hellish wounds: blindness, amputations, and gas-inflicted horrors. Finally, back in Blighty among other shell-shock victims, he recovers and returns to his Gaspe home, bereft of his London love and changed forever.
- Author BiographyPaul Almond began his career producing and directing over 120 television dramas for the CBC in Canada, the BBC, ABC and Granada TV in England and many networks in the US. His numerous awards include 12 Genies, a nomination for a Golden Globe and another nomination by his peers in the DGA as Best Feature Director. In 1990 he turned to full-time writing and began publishing The Alford Saga, a series of historical novels set in the Gaspe area of Quebec.
- Author(s)Paul Almond
- PublisherRed Deer Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleAlford Saga
- Series Part/Volume Number06
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Deer Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight435 g
- Width165 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.