All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Heart of the Buddha, the Tibetan meditation master Chogyam Trungpa presents the basic teachings of Buddhism as they relate to everyday life. The book is divided into three parts. In Personal Journey, the author discusses the open, inquisitive, and good-humored qualities of the heart of the Buddha, an enlightened gene that everyone possesses. In Stages on the Path, he presents the three vehicles Hinayana, Mahayana, and Vajrayana that carry the Buddhist practitioner toward enlightenment. In Working with Others, he describes the direct application of Buddhist teachings to topics as varied as relationships, drinking, children, and money. The Heart of the Buddha reflects Trungpa s great appreciation for Western culture and deep understanding of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, which enabled him to teach Westerners in an effective, contemporary way.
- Author BiographyChogyam Trungpa (1940 1987) meditation master, teacher, and artist founded Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado, the first Buddhist-inspired university in North America; the Shambhala Training program; and an international association of meditation centers known as Shambhala International. He is the author of numerous books including Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, and The Myth of Freedom.
- Author(s)Chogyam Trungpa
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/06/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.