All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn this remarkable vel, Tod Wodicka, author of All Shall Be Well; and All Shall Be Well; and All Manner of Things Shall Be Well, has crafted a lumius story of a most curious friendship. There s something wrong next door. At least that s what neighbors Howie Jeffries and Emily Phane both think. Since his daughter and wife moved out, Howie has been alone, an accidental recluse content with his fishing and his dreams of someday sailing away from himself on a boat. Emily couldn t be more different: she s irreverent, outgoing, and seemingly well adjusted. But when she returns from college to care for her dying grandfather, Howie can t help but tice her increasingly erratic behavior t to mention her newfound love of cturnal gardening. The thing is, although they ve lived side by side in the only two houses on Route 29 in rural upstate New York since Emily was born, Howie and Emily have never so much as spoken to each other. Both have their reasons: Howie is debilitatingly shy, and Emily has been hiding the fact that she suffers from a nighttime affliction that makes her terrified to go to sleep and makes her question the very reality of her waking life. It is only when tragedy strikes that their worlds finally intersect in ways neither of them could have ever imagined. A poignant, big-hearted, and often humorous vel about two unique individuals unceremoniously thrown together, The Household Spirit is a story about how little we kw the people we see every day and the unexpected capabilities of the human heart.
- Author BiographyTOD WODICKA was born in Glens Falls, New York. He is the author of All Shall Be Well; and All Shall Be Well; and All Manner of Things Shall Be Well. He lives in Berlin.
- Author(s)Tod Wodicka
- PublisherPantheon Books
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPantheon Books
- Weight544 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.