Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe Incent and the Criminal Justice System examines competing perspectives on, and definitions of, miscarriages of justice to tackle these questions and more in this critical sociological examination of incence and wrongful conviction. This book: * is the first book of its kind to cover wrong convictions, from definition and causation to the limits of redress * provides a wealth of case studies and statistics to apply theoretical discussions of the criminal justice system to real-life situations * discusses ideas and challenges that are highly relevant to current political and social debates Elegantly written by a leading expert in the field, this book is essential reading for students of crimilogy, criminal justice and law, looking to understand the workings of the criminal justice system and how it can fail the incent.
- Author BiographyMichael Naughton is a Reader in Sociology and Law at the University of Bristol, UK. He is the Founder and Director of the Innocence Network UK and the University of Bristol Innocent Project. He is widely published in the area of wrongful convictions.
- Author(s)Michael Naughton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight463 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.