CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe Integrated Life was first published in 1948. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions.This volume of essays and poems is representative of the work and life of their author, a professor of English at Hamline University and for any years chairman of the department.Of the essays, some are personal, others works of literary appreciation, and still others discuss the profession of teaching, in particular the teaching of English; all reveal the man who wrote them.At Hamlin Dr. Beyer and reading have been almost synymous. He proposed the general reading course in 1921 and directed it for twelve years. Students alert to this form of inspiration found existing delight t only in the outside reading but in the discussions with faculty members which followed. Colleagues and off-campus friends also came under provocative influence of Dr. Beyer, and his guidance has been frequently and freely ackwledged.When Dr. Beyer was hored in 1947 for his long fruitful association with Hamline University, a publication fund was established. It was unanimously agreed that a collection of Dr. Beyer's own essays, poems, and sketches should be the first venture. The Integrated Life is that volume. No attempt has been made to bring the material up to date. The collection appears as it was written full of the flavor and wisdom of a truly horable teacher and friend.
- Author BiographyThomas P. Beyer was Professor of English at Hamline University.
- Author(s)Thomas P Beyer
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication15/12/1948
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.