Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing from the legendary heroic life of Bill Keys, this classic story of the Old and New West uniquely captures the romance and tragedy of the American West. Cowboy, prospector and miner, living with the Walapai Indians, 'desert rat', partner of Death Valley Scotty, rancher in the high Mohave desert, Keys knew Buffalo Bill, the Parker brothers, General Patton, and did a five-year stretch in San Quentin for his eighth range-war shooting.Through the voices of Will Spear (based on Bill Keys) and Lily, a 1960s California girl, Cabot sees people in depth and time as souls alive in the wandering generations, the waves of migration, settlement, conquest, and loss, as characters caught in the larger cycles of nature. The voice that imparts the ground tone is the meditative voice of the Joshua Tree itself, singing out of the profound depths of nature, standing as witness to the living creatures of the desert.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/07/1991
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight225 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.