All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionWith the Bicorne English Civil War Catalogue and Rules the reader is given a very simple and enjoyable insight into the English Civil War. A compellingly playable set of fast play rules provide entertainment and challenge for both the vice and veteran players alike, entwined with glorious pictures of the Bicorne English Civil War miniature figure range. The rules have been extensively developed from the author's and friends' house rules. These were purposefully designed to provide a fast, fun and challenging game for wargamers of all abilities, whilst encouraging the education of the readers into the troops and the realities of warfare in the 17th Century. There are many parts to the book in addition to the rules, including an introduction to the Civil War written by Linda Doyle, and a section detailing troop types and uniforms. This has all been designed alongside the catalogue of Bicorne troops where the reader is encouraged to collect and paint an army of model soldiers, with a view to playing enjoyable wargames with friends. To this end there is a section on how to build up your army if you are new to the period, as well as a couple of scenarios to give the reader a good idea of what can be achieved with this fun to play set of rules.
- Author BiographyJames Carey Daniels was born in Blackpool, Lancashire in 1969. He grew up in a village on the outskirts of Calne in Wiltshire where he attended the John Bentley School. Subsequently he attended Bath City College gaining an HND in Electronic Engineering, then the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology graduating with a BSc in Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research in 1994, achieving his MBA from the University of the West of England in 1999. He has been a keen wargamer from the age of 12 and his love of history lead to him joining the Sealed Knot Charity aged around 16 in which he is still an active member. This background, with the pragmatism of an engineer combined with the approximation of a statistician, makes James an ideal candidate to write and develop a set of rules based on his experiences and academic know how. James is married to Jennie and they live in Warwickshire with the three children, William, Edward and Henry. This is where they run Bicorne Miniatures as a small family business. James also enjoys playing rugby.
- Author(s)James Daniels
- PublisherHelion & Company
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationSolihull
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHelion & Company
- Weight249 g
- Width180 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.