All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lyons Press is proud to present The L.L. Bean Ultimate Book of Fly Fishing, an exciting full-color book for beginning and expert fly anglers alike. Brought to you in conjunction with L.L. Bean, America's most trusted name in outdoor apparel, and written by unquestioned experts in the field, this book is divided into four essential parts--General Fly Fishing, Fly Fishing for Bass, Fly Casting, and Fly Tying--and covers each with in-depth analysis in clear, easy-to-follow language. Learn about assembly of fly tackle; the biology of fish; natural fish foods and how to imitate them; safety techniques; bass flies; where to find bass; the eleven habits of highly effective fly casters; the basic four-part cast; the roll cast; the basics of fly tying; types of flies; the top ten most popular and successful fly patterns; and much more. The L.L. Bean Ultimate Book of Fly Fishing is the perfect gift for seasoned anglers looking to improve their skills, vices picking up a fly rod for the first time, and for all those who have ever dreamed of trading in their suits for a pair of waders.
- Author BiographyMacauley Lord has taught beginning and expert fly casters as head instructor at the L.L. Bean Fly-Fishing School. He is a member of the Board of Governers for Casting Instructor Certification at the Federation of Fly Fishers, and a former editor of The Loop, the quarterly journal for certified fly-casting instructors. He lives in Maine.Dick Talleur has long been considered one of the most authoritative and genuinely effective fly-tying teachers in the world. He is the author of The Versatile Fly Tyer, Modern Fly-Tying Materials, Talleur's Basic Fly Tying and the L.L. Bean Fly Tying Handbook. Talleur currently writes a regular column for American Angler and Fly Tyer magazines. He now lives in North Carolina. Dave Whitlock is one of America's most versatile fly fisher, fly tyer and teacher. He is the author of several books, including Dave Whitlock's Guide to Aquatic Trout Foods and the L.L. Bean Bass Flyfishing Handbook. He now lives in Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Dave Whitlock,Dick Talleur,Macauley Lord
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleL. L. Bean
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight71 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.