All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
About this product
- DescriptionMore than any other recent book, this work sets out with absolute clarity and sometimes uncomfortable honesty the intolerable reality of life for Christians in the Middle East today ...a deeply intelligent picture of the situation, without cheap polemic or axe-grinding, this is a very important survey indeed. --Former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, Master of Magdalene College, Cambridge University In 2013, alarmed by scant attention paid to the hardships endured by the 7.5 million Christians in the Middle East, journalist Klaus Wivel traveled to Iraq, Leban, Egypt, and the Palestinian territories on a quest to learn more about their fate. He found an oppressed mirity, constantly under threat of death and humiliation, increasingly desperate in the face of rising Islamic extremism and without hope that their situation will improve, or anyone will come to their aid. Wivel spoke with priests whose churches have been burned, citizens who feel like strangers in their own countries, and entire communities whose only hope for survival may be fleeing into exile. With the increase of religious violence in the past few years, this book is a prescient and unsettling account of a severely beleaguered religious group living, so it seems, on borrowed time. Wivel asks, why have we t done more to protect these people? Klaus Wivel is a Danish journalist who has been the New York correspondent for Weekendavisen, one of Denmark's most prestigious newspapers. He has written on a wide range of topics, with a focus on the Middle East.
- Author BiographyKlaus Wivel: Klaus Wivel is a Danish journalist who has been the New York correspondent for Weekendavisen, one of Denmark's most prestigious newspapers. He has written on a wide range of topics, with a focus on Israel-Palestine and the Middle East.
- Author(s)Klaus Wivel
- PublisherNew Vessel Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Vessel Press
- Weight271 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byMark Kline
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.