All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- Description<b> Rich in sensory detail...a demanding read that rewards patience. <i>New York Times</i> Edith Wharton and Henry James own the mansion housing this slant of prose, all style and substance, and Hughes moves ever closer to such mastery with...<i>The Loved Ones</i>. <i>Elle</i> Bracing...Hughes is preternaturally alert to subtleties of appearance, gesture, and sensory detail. <i>New Yorker</i></b><i>In The Loved Ones</i>, nationally best-selling Mary-Beth Hughes takes her gimlet eye deep into the secret places between men and women to give an incisive portrayal of one family s struggle to stay together against stacked odds of deception, adultery, and loss. Set in the late 60s and early 70s against the backdrop of the booming cosmetic industry in New York and London, this is a brilliantly nuanced and sweepingly cinematic vel of relationships defined by an era of glamour and decadence.
- Author Biography<b>Mary-Beth Hughes</b> is the author of the best selling novel, <i>Wavemaker II</i>, a <i>New York Times</i> Notable Book and the acclaimed collection <i>Double Happiness</i> which earned Hughes a Pushcart Prize. Her stories have been published in <i>The Paris Review</i>, <i> Ploughshares</i>, <i>The Georgia Review</i>, and <i>A Public Space</i>. She lives in Brooklyn and Rhinebeck, NY.
- Author(s)Mary-Beth Hughes
- PublisherGrove Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.