All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe small fruit fly, Drosophila melagaster, has for over a century w had a large impact on biological and biomedical research; however, our kwledge of the fly brain has lagged significantly behind our understanding of other aspects of its development, physiology, and function. In The Making and Un-Making of Neuronal Circuits in Drosophila , invative expert neuroscientists in the field present the ideas and concepts behind the methods, tools, and tricks that are currently being utilized to decode the secrets of this valuable insect's brain. Focused on the concept of a neuronal circuit, defined as a series of synaptically connected neurons subservient to a particular behavioral modality, this volume contains chapters dealing with anatomical analysis with a focus on cellular and sub-cellular morphologies. These detailed approaches fall under the headings of Physiology and Behavior , conveniently divided the book into two sections. Written in the easy-to-follow Neuromethods series format, this work provides the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results. Inventive and accessible, The Making and Un-Making of Neuronal Circuits in Drosophila provides the information and tools necessary to carry out current experiments and, more importantly, further advance the progress of the Drosophila neurobiology field and neurobiology in general.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/07/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNeuromethods
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 39 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight746 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBassem A. Hassan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.