All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores whether or t animals have moral rights through a number of different lenses, including classical deontology, libertarianism, commonsense morality, virtue ethics, and utilitarianism, while also addressing the challenges to the strong animal rights position posed by rights nihilism, the kind argument against animal rights, the problem of predation, and the comparative value of lives. This book also explores the practical import of animal rights from both a personal and social policy standpoint.
- Author BiographyMylan Engel Jr. is professor of philosophy at Northern Illinois University. Gary Comstock is professor of philosophy at North Carolina State University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width157 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byGary Lynn Comstock,Mylan Engel
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.