Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe Nebraska Indian Wars Reader, 1865-1877 provides the first comprehensive look at the Indian Wars in Nebraska, focusing on the years immediately following the Civil War, when hostilities between Plains Indians and white settlers erupted. R. Eli Paul has assembled a first-rate anthology of eyewitness accounts and the most significant historical scholarship on the subject. Readers are treated to a clear, detailed overview of the course of events, the key individuals and groups involved in and affected by the hostilities, and the central issues underlying them. An important and unique feature of the book is the full attention given to Indian actions and perspectives. No full-length study has ever been written on the Nebraska Indian Wars. This anthology of well-written articles from the journal Nebraska History is the essential introduction to this bitterly contested period in the state's history.
- Author BiographyR. Eli Paul, a senior research historian at the Nebraska State Historical Society, is the coauthor of Eyewitness at Wounded Knee (Nebraska 1991).
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus., maps
- Weight409 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byR. Eli Paul
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.