The New Terrorism: Fanaticism and the Arms of Mass Destruction by Walter (Co-Chair Laqueur, and Henry A. Kissinger Chair in National Security Policy (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by thephilosophersnook
- Est. delivery by 25 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionRecent attacks in Oklahoma City, at the World Trade Towers, and at American embassies in Africa demonstrate the consequences of a terrorist strike. But as techlogical advances make weapons of mass destruction ever easier to acquire, a revolution is occurring in the very nature of terrorism. In this book Walter Laqueur, one of the foremost experts on terrorism and international strategic affairs, recounts the history of terrorism and examines the future of terrorist activity worldwide. Laqueur traces the trend away from terrorism perpetrated by groups of oppressed nationalists and radicals seeking political change to small clusters of fanatics bent on vengeance and simple destruction. Coinciding with this trend is the alarming availability of weapons of mass destruction. Chemical and biological weapons are cheap and relatively easy to make or buy and even nuclear devices are increasingly feasible options for terrorists. With the information age, cyber-terrorism may be just around the corner.
- Author BiographyWalter Laqueur is Co-Chair, International Research Council and holds the Henry A. Kissinger Chair in National Security Policy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. He is the author of Terrorism, Guerrilla, as well as Fascism and The Dream That Failed (both by OUP).
- Author(s)Walter (Co-Chair Laqueur,and Henry A. Kissinger Chair in National Security Policy
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication21/12/2000
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteindex
- Weight290 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.