All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe secret to your health, fitness and overall wellbeing lies in the most basic and overlooked aspect of your workout: how you breathe. Developing body strength while igring breathing strength is counterproductive. In The Oxygen Advantage, Patrick McKeown combines his successful breathing exercises with techniques designed to simulate high-altitude training in a highly successful programme that will significantly improve anyone's health but will also empower athletes to improve their sports performance. These scientifically validated exercises have the potential to drastically improve your overall fitness, whether you are a habitual couch potato or an Ironman triathlon champion. These easy-to-use techniques can help to reduce your breathlessness, improve your sleep as well as reduce anxiety and stress. Drawing on his own experiences as an ex-asthmatic and the work he has done to help athletes and asthma sufferers alike to achieve greater fitness, Patrick shows you the key to a healthier, fitter you.
- Author BiographyPatrick McKeown is a breathing specialist for respiratory problems, sleep-disordered breathing and sports performance. He was educated at Trinity College, Dublin and later studied under the founder of the Buteyko Method for optimal breathing, the late Dr Konstantin Buteyko. After receiving accreditation from Dr Buteyko, Patrick has spent the past 13 years training health professionals and athletes as well as helping thousands of child and adult sufferers of asthma. To date he has written several books, including Close Your Mouth, Anxiety Free: Stop Worrying and Quieten Your Mind and Asthma-Free Naturally. In addition to running workshops in his native Ireland, each year he gives workshops in North America, Europe and Australia.
- Author(s)Patrick McKeown
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Content Noteb/w illustrations, integrated
- Weight492 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.