All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn entirely accessible terms, Wendy Lawson lays out her groundbreaking theory of Single Attention and Associated Cognition in Autism (SAACA), an approach that explains autism in terms of the unique learning style of individuals on the autism spectrum. She shows that whereas neurotypical people can easily shift their attention from one interest to ather, those on the autism spectrum tend to focus on a single theme at any one time. This leads to a deep, intense attention. Wendy describes practical outcomes for individuals, families, educators and employers. She shows that when this unique learning style is understood, valued and accommodated, individuals on the autism spectrum can be empowered to achieve their fullest potential. This is an essential read for anyone with a personal or professional interest in autism, including individuals on the spectrum and their families, educators, clinical practitioners, researchers, occupational therapists, and other professionals.
- Author BiographyWendy Lawson, a psychologist, lecturer and author, has operated her own private practice for many years. Wendy was awarded fourth place as 'Victorian Australian of the year' in 2008. Originally diagnosed as being intellectually disabled, then in her teens as being schizophrenic, finally Wendy was diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum in 1994. The mother of four children, Wendy has been married, separated and divorced, has experienced the death of one of her teenage sons, lost friends and status due to being openly gay, faced ill health and recently is coming to terms with the fact that she is aging! Wendy's youngest son is also on the autism spectrum.
- Author(s)Wendy Lawson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note15 black and white drawings
- Weight344 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lisa Simone
- Foreword byRita Jordan
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $41.37Trending at AU $44.12
- AU $57.79Trending at AU $86.99
- AU $34.06Trending at AU $42.47
- AU $41.41Trending at AU $42.28
- AU $27.30Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $25.32Trending at AU $27.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.