All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of risk is an outgrowth of our society's great concern about coping with the dangers of modern life. The Perception of Risk brings together the work of Paul Slovic, one of the world's leading analysts of risk, risk perception and risk management, to examine the gap between expert views of risk and public perceptions. Ordered chrologically, it allows the reader to see the evolution of our understanding of such perceptions, from early studies identifying public misconceptions of risk to recent work that recognizes the importance and legitimacy of equity, trust, power and other value-laden issues underlying public concern.
- Author BiographyPaul Slovic is President of Decision Research and Professor of Psychology at the University of Oregon.
- Author(s)Paul Slovic
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleEarthscan Risk in Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFigures, tables, index
- Weight882 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.