All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionSharp tools work better! If you've never experienced the pleasure of using a really sharp tool, you're missing one of the real pleasures of woodworking. In The Perfect Edge, the mystery of the elusive sharp edge is solved by the long-time sharpening expert and tool maker Ron Hock. You'll soon find how easy and safe hand tools are to use. This book covers all the different sharpening methods so you can either improve your sharpening techniques using your existing set-up, or determine which one will best suit your needs and budget. Ron shows you the tricks and offers expert advice to sharpen all your woodworking tools, plus a few around-the-house tools that also deserve a perfect edge.
- Author BiographyRon Hock is the owner of Hock Tools, a twenty-five-year-old cottage industry that makes acknowledged superior blades for planes and other woodworking tools. Hock started the business when, as a struggling knifemaker, students at James Krenov's Fine Woodworking program at The College of the Redwoods in Fort Bragg, California, came to him for plane irons for the wooden planes they were making at the school. He tooled up for plane irons, learned about plane-making and found a niche-market of discerning woodworkers who appreciate a superior tool. In the ensuing quarter-century since making his first plane blades he's learned about tool steel metallurgy, cutting edge geometry, hand woodworking tools and sharpening.
- Author(s)Ron Hock
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPopular Woodworking Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- madwilsonus21 Mar, 2016by
The Perfect Edge
This is the go to book for anyone who wants to understand sharpening and get sharp edged tools Recommend it highly Cheers Mark
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.