All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $55.57
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionAs Jean Fremon describes, He muses, he mopes, he immerses himself in atlases, he recites the names of lakes, he observes insects, he listens to the sounds of fountains, he reads Leibniz. This man, kwn here by the initials of a name that is t his own, is t without a certain resemblance to the writer Robert Walser. He could almost be his avatar, his emanation, his apparition. Who is he? Or, more important, who is the I of these first-person vignettes? Walser? Fremon? or the translator? This layering of voices is echoed through the bilingual presentation of these short, musing prose poems.
- Author BiographyJEAN FREMON is the author of over 20 volumes in several genres. The director of a gallery of contemporary art, Fremon lives and works in Paris.COLE SWENSEN has published 13 books of poetry and 15 translations from French. Founding editor of the translation press La Presse, she teaches at Brown and divides her time between the east coast and Paris.
- Author(s)Jean Fremon
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight77 g
- Width141 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Translated byCole Swensen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.