The Power of Then: How the Sages of the Past Can Help Us in Our Everyday Lives by James Bremner (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe problems we encounter in our everyday lives - from the midlife crisis to loneliness and the search for meaning - often seem to be phemena only of the modern world. But they have been encountered and addressed by wise men and women for countless centuries. We are sitting on a treasure chest of teachings formulated by pioneers of human psychology, spirituality and emotional states. These teachings are more than relevant today. They might just be the most radical, effective and low-cost way of changing our lives positively. The Power of Then applies the teachings of the sages of the past and the lessons of their lives to the everyday problems - emotional, mental and spiritual - that continue to beset us. From the earthy example of the medieval housewife Margery Kempe (patron saint of the midlife crisis) to the original insights of the Swiss psychologist Carl Jung, James Bremner unlocks the wisdom of the past and applies it to the present. Written in a clear, engaging and personal style, The Power of Then is full of helpful guidance, encouragement and reflection, garnered from some of the greatest sages the world has kwn.
- Author BiographyJames Bremner has studied Latin, Greek, Divinity and English Literature at various levels and has had a lifelong interest in spirituality, mysticism and philosophy. He was educated at Cambridge University, from where he went on to teach English on the island of Crete, before becoming a lexicographer. He now teaches creative writing, writes on spiritual subjects, including for the radio, and gives talks. He lives in the wilds of rural Ireland.
- Author(s)James Bremner
- PublisherHay House UK Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHay House UK Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width136 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.