All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the complete practical guide to sailing and racing dinghies, catamarans and keelboats. It is the ultimate reference book for sailors of all ages and all levels of ability. Step-by-step guides give instant understanding of techniques, and illustrate all aspects of the sport, from putting on a wetsuit to handling dinghies, catamarans and cruisers. You can learn how to sail with expert advice and tips. It includes information on all aspects of safe sailing: buoyancy aids, distress signals, man overboard rescue procedures and rights of way at sea. Specially commissioned photography combined with authoritative text makes this essential reading for everyone interested in the sport of sailing. This practical manual is aimed at all sailors, from newcomers to the more experienced. For beginners there is a comprehensive step-by-step guide to getting started, learning the core techniques, choosing the best boat to suit your ability, and basic safety requirements. There is a guide for experienced seafarers about more advanced sailing, such as high-performance dinghies and keelboats. Two sections give the vital facts and figures about regatta and big boat racing. With an emphasis on the practical, together with clear action photography and informative text, this book will be an essential guide for all those who love to get out on the water.
- Author BiographyJeremy Evans is a sailor as well as an action sports journalist, and this book draws on his many years' experience of sailing. He is the editor of Multihull and a regular contributor to Yachts and Yachting. He has written and produced books on a variety of pursuits, including windsurfing, cycling, mountain-biking, canoeing, skiing, surfing and, of course, sailing. Jeremy has sailed and raced many different yachts and dinghies both at home and abroad.
- Author(s)Jeremy Evans
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Note800 photographs
- Weight839 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.